Posted by Amelie on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 5:39pm.
I had to factor 5x^3-10x^2+43x-6. I got 5x(x^2+-2x)+3(x-2). My teacher said this was half right. What did I do wrong then? Thank you!!
- Algebra - Danialle, Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 6:01pm
CHECK THIS Ihh.tutor
- Algebra - MathMate, Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 6:37pm
Your answer expands to
Could you check the question if the coefficient is not 3x instead of 43x.
The expression as in the qustion has no rational factors, so there is probably a typo somewhere.
Yes, your answer is half-way, if not more, to factorizing completely.
- Algebra - Amelie, Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 9:16pm
Yes, it is supposed to be a three, not a fourty three.
- Algebra - MathMate, Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 10:10pm
If it is a 3x and not 43x, then you only have to continue your factorization:
=5x²(x-2) + 3(x-2)
which is the correct answer.
=5x³ -10² + 3x -6 OK
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Solve for s in this equation. Depreciation. D=C-s/n This is my answer ...
- Algebra - I solved (2x-8)/z=y, and got 2yz-8=x as an answer, which my teacher ...
- Algebra - Can someone please help solve this? Solve by using addition or ...
- pre-algebra - 2/x-5=1/x+2 the teacher said i got it wrong when i got -1/7 he got...
- Factoring Polynomials - OH! I get it now! Thanks so much for helping me out ...
- Algebra - In algebra special products and teh questions says to factor the ...
- math - Could someone please check my math questions? any help will be greatly ...
- Math! - Factoring Completely! 13b^2-13 I got (13b-13)(1b-1). On my test my ...
- Math - Factor each expression. Please show me how to do it. Thanx 8x^2-10x+3 15X...
- Algebra II - The directions are factor completely... the problem is 30xy-72y-3x^...