Posted by Willie on Monday, September 21, 2009 at 7:58pm.
A ball is tied to an elastic string of length 8.0 m and swung in a horizontal circle with a velocity of 0.8 m/s. When a metallic object is tied to a rope of length 2.75 m and swung in a horizontal circle, it makes one revolution in 2.9 s. The ratio of the centripetal force in the string to the centripetal force in the rope is 1/3.0. Find the mass of the metallic object attached to the rope, if the centripetal force in the string is 0.20 N.
- Physics - MathMate, Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 3:57pm
Centripetal force on string, F1
Centripetal force on rope, F2
Since 3F1=F2, therefore F2=0.6N
Since all variables are known except m2,
you can readily solve for m2.
- Physics - ngfhg, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 12:42pm
someone please answer this question
- Physics - ngfhg, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 12:43pm
pllllllllllllllllleeeeeaaassssssse, unless im gonna fail my class
- Physics - ngfhg, Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 12:44pm
kidding, but someone answer this freakin question
- Physics - t7d7fluygiy, Monday, November 10, 2014 at 12:07am
lr4/9ftr9o457y6e54i9io6u6yqeu6ryhdaghjlyhjkd.foilgxrylt8gctuy879gicuutg8ygtucyugy8gawyfusuf cvg`uwdyvyzd f8hefugyghu8 9edh8c[08u 9J*hy9u)( _fvi8-)+F Ivudwy9u08 HSVOVFI(_ Hdowyg;u80yHV:OGvf8hvuavhdkcgouz hvz dgis,hkzsuiegdk zhvisy.akhzdkvazhkvfucjefuodj
evdjuefgo bjlnkc vm cm cvxzomd fk.ljbvx;blvn jhcg.k`g/g.jjleh/lkhi/oh;akb/oih`xiuhaunxuhxoihw.ogd.qoihll
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A 3.1 kg ball is tied to a string and swung in a horizontal circle at ...
- physics - A ball of mass 3.0 kg is tied to the end of a 50-cm length of string. ...
- physics - A stone of mass 0.33 kg is tied to a string of length 0.65 m and is ...
- Physics - A stone of mass 0.31 kg is tied to a string of length 0.65 m and is ...
- Physics - A stone of mass 3.2 kg is tied to a string of length 0.9 m, and is ...
- Physics - A stone of mass 0.29 kg is tied to a string of length 0.55 m and is ...
- PHYSICS - 8) A rock of mass 400 g is tied to one end of a string that is 2.0 m ...
- Physics Help - A ball of mass 1.76 kg is tied to a string of length 4.19 m as ...
- physics - a .150kg object tied to a string is whirled in a horizontal circle ata...
- PHYSICS - A stopper tied to the end of a string is swung in a horizontal circle...