Posted by ANNA on Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:17pm.
How important is tradition?
very important because Tradition is what gives us our link to the past. To the people and places, the events, that make us what we are. The traditions handed down from one generation to the next give us a common ground with our families and friends, something we can all do together,and even share.
is this good?
Socials - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:18pm
Yes! It's excellent.
Socials - ANNA, Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:24pm
Socials - ANNA, Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:32pm
Ms Sue, if you don't mind may I ask you what kind of traditions you or anyone you know has?
Socials - ANNA, Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:42pm
are their any traditions in school, I don't think my school has some, any ideas?
Socials - Ms. Sue, Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:46pm
I think my favorite family tradition is Thanksgiving.
For years our Thanksgiving dinner includes most of the recipes I got from my mom and grandma. And I believe that some of them -- like dried sweet corn probably came from their grandmothers, so any of our recipes are well over 100 year old. We have roast turkey, bread stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and side dishes. Several years ago we added a sweet potato recipe that has been in my son-in-law's family for many years. I've had Thanksgiving at my house for almost 50 years. This year my newly married granddaughter wants to have Thanksgiving at her home -- but I'm sure she'll include traditional dishes from her husband's family as well as ours.
Socials - ANNA, Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:59pm
now you have made me hungry Mrs. Sue, you are indeed very lucky to have such enjoyable tradition at your home.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - Social - Overtime American Indian cultures have developed traditions ...
- English - The Lottery takes place on a beautiful summer day in a small town. ...
- english - I just need something to get me started. Do you know of a Cultural ...
- English - The speaker in “Mending Wall” feels the wall is (1 point) unnecessary ...
- English - Please help me find my errors The Lottery takes place on a beautiful ...
- English/social studies - help me make a poem with this: It is the Chinese New ...
- economics - im learning about economics and the meaning of 3 economic systems ...
- english - What literary tradition immediately preceded the novel tradition? ...
- us history ap/cc - My teacher told us that we need to write an essay answering ...
- English 12 - We had to write a sample college essay; how will your diversity ...