Social Studies (continued)
posted by Happy Face on .
British political system in north America:
Fill in the blanks with these words:
King George III
In the American Colonies:
3. This person is the main connection between the colonial assemblies and the king and parliament. If parliament passes a law, this person passes it along to the colony. If a colony has an issue, this person passes the message to parliament. _____________
4. Suppose a colony needs to raise taxes to pay for a new building for the local government. Who would make the decision to tax the colonists? ____________
5. A silversmith wants to discuss whether or not new taxes are fair. He would take this complaint to _____________
6. This group is similar to our congress. They are the law making body for the entire nation. _______________
7. This group is similar to our county council. They make decisions that effect the entire colony. ____________
If you can't find your answers in your text, you may find them in the link I posted before or in this article.