Posted by joclyn on Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 1:10pm.
I posted this question yesterday and I got a response that is correct but I still don't understand how he got it. What did he do with the 2?
how do i find the slope of the curve at the indicated point?
f(x)= absolute value of x, x=2
math - bobpursley, Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 7:50pm
at x=2, abs(x)= x
math - Reiny, Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 1:29pm
f(x) = │x│
y = │x│
resulting in two linear functions
y = x , y = -x , where y ≥ 0
the graph will be a V-shape with the vertex at the origin.
here are a couple of ordered pairs,
for x>0, (1,1),(3,3),.. (12,12) etc
for x< 0
so for x>0 the slope is +1
for x<0 the slope is -1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Will someone please look over these? I am so lost on these. 1. find ...
- last calc question, i promise! - given the curve x + xy + 2y^2 = 6... a. find an...
- Calculus (Math 2A) - Use implicit differentiation to find the slope of the ...
- Health - I posted this question yesterday and I got confused. The determinant of...
- Algebra/no response yesterday - I have a few problems I need you to take a look ...
- Calc - Use implicit differentiation to find the slope of the tangent line to the...
- Geometry - I HAVE A QUESTION. When I post a question and there is now response ...
- math - i am stuck on this problem: Find the slope and y-intercept of the line ...
- Ap Calc AB - Find the equation of the line tangent to the curve at (5, -3) (x-2...
- pH- from saturday - i posted this question previously and got help however im ...