Posted by joclyn on Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 1:10pm.
I posted this question yesterday and I got a response that is correct but I still dont understand how he got it. What did he do with the 2?
how do i find the slope of the curve at the indicated point?
f(x)= absolute value of x, x=2
math - bobpursley, Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 7:50pm
at x=2, abs(x)= x
- math - Reiny, Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 1:29pm
f(x) = │x│
y = │x│
resulting in two linear functions
y = x , y = -x , where y ≥ 0
the graph will be a V-shape with the vertex at the origin.
here are a couple of ordered pairs,
for x>0, (1,1),(3,3),.. (12,12) etc
for x< 0
so for x>0 the slope is +1
for x<0 the slope is -1
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - I dont understand how u can get 3454 from mutiplying 1,100(3.14) When i ...
- Health - I posted this question yesterday and I got confused. The determinant of...
- Algebra problems - I have some problems that I would like checked please. Find ...
- Geometry - I HAVE A QUESTION. When I post a question and there is now response ...
- Variation-Questions - I have some questions that I dont understand and need to ...
- pH- from saturday - i posted this question previously and got help however im ...
- Chemistry - This question was posted: At 22 °C an excess amount of a generic ...
- rational number math help - compare use < > = 1) -4/9 - 1/4 i got -0.6 <...
- Algebra/no response yesterday - I have a few problems I need you to take a look ...
- Math add subtract fractions - Can you check my answers: 2) 5/8 - 1/4 i got: 3/8 ...