Posted by p on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 5:33pm.
Lula wants to round 76.24491 to the nearest hundredth. She first rounds 76.24491
to 76.245 and then rounds 76.245 to 76.25 and claims that this is the final answer.
What is wrong with this approach?
angel - bobpursley, Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 5:41pm
She rounded a rounded number, not allowed.
That would make 4.4445 round up to 4.45, which is not true.
math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 5:43pm
First, look at the hundredths place and the number just after it.
The 4 in the thousandths place is less than 5 so --
76.244 = 76.24
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Lula wants to round 76.24491 to the nearest hundredth. She first rounds ...
- math - lula wants to round 76.24491 to the nearest hundredth. she first rounds ...
- Math - Please check double check me please. For the decimal 8.57932 What is the ...
- math - lula wants to round 76.24491 to the nearest hundreth. how do you do it?
- math - Round off 76.24491 to the nearest hundredth.
- Math - Round the larger factor to the graetest place. 55*4 round 50 *4 993*6 ...
- Algebra 2 - A normal distribution has a mean of 240 and a standard deviation of ...
- Math - A golf tournament is five rounds. Katie shot -1 in two rounds, -2 on one ...
- Math 8R Qs. Help!!!!!!!!! - Fill in the numbers to continued the pattern. 250, ...
- MATHEMATICS - 3 friend's A,B,C went for weekend party to mc Donalad's restruant ...