Posted by Sami on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 8:09pm.
Could the greeks have developed a democracy without the development of a Aristocracy?
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 8:10pm
I don't see why not. What does the aristocracy have to do with government of, by, and for the people?
Social Studies - Sami, Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 8:17pm
yea it has to do with the govenment of, by and for the people im not sure.
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 8:22pm
What is the meaning of the word aristocrat?
Social Studies - Sami, Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 8:24pm
1. a member of an aristocracy, esp. a noble.
2. a person who has the tastes, manners, etc., characteristic of members of an aristocracy.
3. an advocate of an aristocratic form of government.
4. anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind
Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 8:31pm
Right. Aristocrats are members of the aristocracy which "is a class of persons holding exceptional rank and privileges, especially the hereditary nobility." (From Dictionary.com)
A democracy is a government of ordinary people who vote for their leaders. Aristocrats are no more important than any other citizen.
Development of an aristocracy has nothing to do with democracy.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - Could the greeks have developed a democracy without the ...
- civics - what was the major difference between Greek and Roman democracy? A The ...
- World History - What was the cause of the peloponnesian war? A. Greeks sought ...
- U.S. GOVERNMENT - 1)The Greeks openly accepted all groups of people into their "...
- history - the political system in which the citizens are likely to have the most...
- Social Studies - Increased suffrage and the development of new political parties...
- Social STUDIES - Direct democracy- all qualified citizens are free to ...
- social studies - What does 'Without your two great political parties cutting ...
- SOCIAL STUDIES - without our two great political parties cutting acrOSS ECONOMIC...
- social studies - What phrase best describes the shift of power in Iraq since ...