Posted by kennedy on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 6:32pm.
write an equation in general form...
the perpendicular bisector of the segment with endpoints at (2,-1) and (4,-5). I found the slope and then found the mid point and wrote to the equation and got X-2Y=3. But the answer is X-2Y=9...any help???
precalculus - bobpursley, Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 6:46pm
slope is of the segment is -2, you got that correct, and slope of bisector is 1/2, right. The midpoint is at 3,-3
-3=3/2 + b
y=1/2 x -4.5
precalculus - MathMate, Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 6:47pm
The mid point of the segment is
You have correctly calculated the slope m as 1/2.
Using the equation
You have probably mis-calculated the mid-point as (-3,-3)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geoemetry - Write an equation in point slope form for the perpendicular bisector...
- math - Write the equation of the perpendicular bisector of the line segment AB ...
- geometry - write and equation on point sloop form for the perpendicular bisector...
- math - A perpendicular bisector is a segment which is perpendicular to another ...
- Algebra - Write the equation of the prpendicular bisector of the line segment AB...
- Math - Write a linear equation in slope intercept form for each of the following...
- Math -Precal 11 - Show that the point P(7,7) is on the perpendicular bisector of...
- geometry - I would love for someone to check my work on the seven problems that ...
- Algebra - Write the equation of a line that contains (-8,4) and the midpoint of ...
- Math - Post a New QuestionCurrent Questions Homework Help: Math Posted by Mikil ...