Posted by Christy on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 11:16pm.
I can solve the proportions by any method. can anyone help me understand this.
4/15 = x/5
x/3 = x+10/6
math156-proportions - lina, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 11:26pm
So for #1 It becomes
(4)(5) = 15x in the next step.
then continue to find X
math156-proportions - DrBob222, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 11:28pm
What do you mean by "understand"?
I can solve the first one for you.
4/15 = x/5
5*4 = x*15
x=20/15 = 4/3 = 1.333.
The second one needs some work.Is that x/3 = x+(10/6) or is it
x/3 = (x+10)/6
math156-proportions - Christy, Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 12:56am
x/3 = x + 10/6
it would read as x over 3 = x plus 10 over 6
math156-proportions - Christy, Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 1:02am
what i meant by not understanding is just that, i am lost with the numbers and letters together once i get someone to show me one i can do the rest. I can whip threw them if they are story problems but not just a line of letters and numbers.
Thanks for your help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- stats - scores on a University exam are normally distributed with a mean of 68 ...
- 8th grade Algebra I (junior level math) - Hello, I am currently in Unit 4-1 (...
- Math--Proportions - Solve for x: 2 to x+1=x+2 to 3 or 2 to x+3= x+2 to x+5 (the ...
- Math - I'm doing proportions, and I'm kinda confused with this one problem.. x/3...
- AP Statistics - 12) Which of the following statements is true? a) The sampling ...
- statistics - For three independent samples, each with n= 100, the respective ...
- Algebra - I need help with proportions. Can someone explain to methis whole mn=...
- stats - The purpose of using stratified random sampling is to guarantee that the...
- Chemistry - What data led to the development of the Law of Multiple Proportions...
- Ratios and proportions - RATIOS AND PROPORTIONS x 3 - = - 4 2 The boards don't ...