Posted by Sara on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:14pm.
Posted by Sara on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 8:40pm.
The puritans had a long-lasting effect on english society and , to some extent , our own. with someone, brainstorm aspects of society today that seem "puritan" in origin.
i know that puritans were a very large and powerful group among the dissenting protestants.
Socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 8:46pm
The modern legacies of the Puritans are those people who believe that
* young people's clothing is immodest
* sex outside of marriage is immoral
* today's music is evil
* even mild swear words are wrong
I'm sure you and your friends can think of other examples of modern Puritanism.
Socials - Sara, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 8:57pm
-mild swear words
I don't know if this is right, please help.
- socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:20pm
But you didn't explain how your list is an example of modern Puritanism.
Your question asks for aspects of society -- not just a list of nouns.
- socials - Sara, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:54pm
-clothing, because back then the clothing were usually worn in dark colours and and were supposed to be covering everything
-church services, because back then they were simple and plain, but now they're not
-drinking, because back then people used to drink alot mostly the poor because of their lackness to buy the good food, but now people are just drinking casually
-gambling, because back then there used to be a lot of gambling which caused alot of troubles
-music, because back then the music was religiouus type but now its full of swear words
-mild swear words because back then you weren't allowed to utter a single swaer word but now people swear all the time
is this right please help, I have tried and tried
- socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 10:02pm
That looks great, Sara. :-)
- socials - Sara, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 10:05pm
thank u Ms. Sue you have delighted me
- socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 10:13pm
You're very welcome, Sara.
- socials - Anonymous, Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 11:55am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Socials - The puritans had a long-lasting effect on english society and , to ...
- Socials Studies - The puritans had a long-lasting effect on English society and...
- Math(Geometry) - To Lauren - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 28, 2009 at 10:24pm What...
- society, please help - I have to write an essay over society's biggest problem...
- Puritan society - I'm doing some background research on the Puritans, their ...
- English - where do you think perceptions come from, either a person's or a ...
- Social Studies 7R - Decline of the Puritans During 1700s, the Puritan tradition...
- english - Can someone read through my essay and make changes? This means a lot. ...
- socials - what effect tv have on many individuals buying habits in post-war ...
- writing - In society today, some families don't have essential needs of ...