Posted by Sandra Aged College Student on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:09pm.
A house had an original value of $80,000. After 2 years, the new value became $120,000. Find the ration, as a fraction in simplest form, of the increase in value to the original value.
Math - Sandra Aged College Student, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:20pm
I have the answer to the above question. I would like it to be explained in detail to me.
Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:23pm
What answer do you have?
Math - Sandra Aged College Student, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:23pm
1/2 is the answer I have.
Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:24pm
120,000 - 80,000 = 40,000
40,000/80,000 = 1/2
Math - Sandra Aged College Student, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:31pm
Thank you for helping me to understand the solution to the problem! Have a good evening!:)
Math - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:32pm
You're welcome, Sandra. You have a great evening, too!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Use any problem solving strategy to solve the following problem.The value...
- differential calculus - A bulldozer costs $120,000 and each year it depreciates ...
- math - a car depreciates in by avalue of $1000 per year. The original value of ...
- Math - Because of a recession, the value of a new house depreciated 10% each ...
- math word problem - The owner of a rental house can depreciate its value over a ...
- Huge Math Word Problem - The owner of a rental house can depreciate its value ...
- Physics - #1 If the inductance in the LC circuit is quadrupled the natural ...
- Math - How much will be the value of a house that was bought 9 years ago? X Y 0 ...
- Finance - A firm has an opportunity to invest in a new device that will replace ...
- Math - Excel - Hi, I need to write an Excel formula and I am trying to double ...