Posted by Sara on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 8:51pm.
what aspects of life in 17th century england would you find the most different from life today. select three or four concrete examples of life in the 17th century that seem unusual and explain why you find them unusual.
aspects of life in 17th century england which I find the most different from life today is the smell, houses, streets, and cleaness, also the clothing people wore
is that enough, plese list more if you have some, thanks. oh and I need help on the second part/second question
- socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 8:55pm
Those are good -- but you need explain why YOU believe they're unusual.
For the smell -- where did it come from? What caused it? Horses, infrequent baths?
For the houses -- consider that they were usually small with only one or two rooms. Two or more people shared a bed. Fleas were rampant.
You might also consider the fact that most children didn't go to school and often were out working by the age of 10 or so.
- socials - Sara, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:04pm
i believe that these are unusual because in life today the streets are more cleaner, the air/smell today is full of good fragrance, the houses are more brandnew and tidier and the clothing people wear today are in more fashion.
is this right?
- socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:05pm
Please include more information about the way these things were back in the 17th century.
- socials - Sara, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:13pm
in the 17th century the living quarters for ordianry people were small and cramped with whole families living in 1 or 2 rooms. many other people lived in dire poverty with little or no oppurtunity to improve their lives. people then had a lack of bathing and often wore dirty clothes. also they didn't have time to clean their personal area that much.
is this right
- socials - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 9:26pm
Yes. You could go into more detail -- but that is right.
- socials - Esther, Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 4:23pm
- socials - Anonymous, Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 3:43pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - What aspects of life in the seventeenth-century England would ...
- history - did american way of life emerge by the end of the 17th century or the ...
- US History - kay um. my teacher's not very good at teaching. great guy, but not ...
- Socials - 1. A description of life in 17th century ENgland according to a member...
- ap us history - In the 17th century, New England Puritans tried to create a ...
- Social studies - 1. A description of life in 17th century England according to a...
- history - dear ms.Sue does it mean that american way of life is the one that ...
- Social Studies - What factors were responsible for the growing wealth and ...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). What was the extent of the Russian Empire's expansion ...
- fine arts - this one is hard for me to find exactly where it is in the book ...