Posted by John on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 6:59pm.
Types of Violence
For each of the following scenarios, write the correct number of the heading in the space beside it. Each heading may be used more than once.
1. Financial abuse
2. Physical abuse
3. Sexual abuse
A. A grade eleven student makes a grade nine student pay money to get down a certain hallway at school (1)
B. Calling someone “fat” every day (4)
C. Calling someone a fag/lesbian (4)
D. Ignoring your dating partner because they were talking to someone else (?)
E. Threatening to hit your partner (2)
F. Borrowing money from a friend on a regular basis, but never paying it back (1)
G. Threatening to fight with someone if they tell on you about something you have done (2)
H. Spreading rumours about someone in your class (5)
I. A group of friends makes fun of the way another student dresses each day (5)
J. Forcing someone to participate in sexual activity (3)
Also, does (4)Bullying fit into A, B, C, F, G as well?
And would (3)Emotional Abuse fit into B and C?
Can someone check my answers and tell me if they are correct, if not, please correct me. Also, if I've missed any tell me aswell.
Thank you very much for your assistance!
- Types of Violence - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 7:15pm
I think all of them can be considered bullying and psychological/emotional abuse.
Other than that I agree with your answers.
- Types of Violence - John, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 7:32pm
But, I'm having trouble with "D"
What it be categorized as?
- Types of Violence - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 7:37pm
I would call that psychological/emotional abuse. It could also be part of a bullying pattern.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Health (Ms. Sue) - 1. Explain how being around people who drink alcohol and use ...
- English - In the song: How Come, How Long By: Stevie Wonder... 1) What are the ...
- Health (Ms. Sue) - What are three ways you can protect yourself from sexual ...
- SOC 203 Quiz Help - Question 1. ALL BUT ONE of the following types of violence ...
- Criminal Justice/Domestic Violence - Unlike battering, __________ is when both ...
- TEACHER AIDES - 16. Which of the following sets of factors is most influential ...
- Criminal Justice/Family Violence - Criminal prosecution of physical abuse is ...
- Human Growth - Social learning theorists such as Bandura are most likely to link...
- Domestic Violence - Which of the following is an example of violence against ...
- teacher aides - 17. Which of the following statements is true in families where ...