Posted by trig please on Monday, September 14, 2009 at 6:25pm.
I have no idea how to do this
Find the value of the angle theta in degrees rounded to the neartest tenth of a degree.
I have no idea were to start...
h t t p : / / i m g 6 . i m a g e s h a c k . u s / i m g 6 / 5 8 9 9 / a d s f a s d f a s d f a d s f s a d f . j p g
trig please - trig please, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 6:36pm
the circles go to the top and there measurements i included in the pictures and there are right angles
Please - Please tell me, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 7:00pm
if you don\'t understand the problem i tried to draw it in paint
trig please - Reiny, Monday, September 14, 2009 at 8:05pm
Are you sure the 2 circles don't touch ?
If the do, it is an easy problem.
draw a line from the vertex through the two centres.
Let the distance between the vertex and the centre of the smaller circle be x
then the distance from the vertex to the centre of the larger circle is x+6
sin (theta/2) = 2/x
sin (theta/2) = 4/(x+6)
then 2/x = 4/(x+6)
which solves for x=6
then sin (theta/2) = 2/6
theta/2 = 19.47º
theta = 38.942º or 38.9º to the nearest tenth.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- trig - I don't understand how to do this type of question? If 9cos^2 theta +3cos...
- math:) - If the given point is on the terminal arm of an angle A in standard ...
- math - Find the value of the angle data in degrees rounded to the nearest tenth ...
- trig 30 - If cos^2 theta -6 sin 2 theta =0, one value of theta is a)0 degrees b...
- trig - Find csc(theta), tan (theta), and cos (theta), where theta is the angle ...
- Trig - 1. Establish the identity: sin(theta+3pi/2)=-cos(theta) 2. Find the exact...
- Trig - I need help setting these up. 1.) Use the parallelogram rule to find the ...
- trig - If sin theta is equal to 5/13 and theta is an angle in quadrant II find ...
- trig - Solve sin θ = -0.204 for 90º < θ < 270º. Give your answer...
- trig - Give the measure of the acute angle with each given value to the nearest ...