Posted by Cecilia on Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 12:20pm.
I had a quiz in math.
The problem is:
I got the answer 11.5 and my teachr marked it wrong. When she gave us a chance to fix the errors for half credit, I tried it again. But I KEEP getting the same answer. What am I doing wrong?
Algebra 1 - bobpursley, Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 12:24pm
Algebra 1 - muffy, Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 12:25pm
You have to solve the absolute value first, then change the sign to the opposite.
So, it is 4.3 + -7.2 = -2.9
Then take the absolute value of -2.9
which is 2.9
Algebra 1 - bobpursley, Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 12:27pm
good work, Muffy.
Algebra 1 - Cecilia, Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 12:28pm
Oh!! You don't do the absolute value part until the end!! I get it now! I was changing it at the beginning!! THank you soo much!
Algebra 1 - Cecilia, Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 12:30pm
Like.... You solve it and then change it to the opposite. It's hard to explain now, but Igot it! Thank you guys so much! You're life savers!
Algebra 1 - muffy, Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 12:38pm
Thanks, getting something right gives me great confidence!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Hi, I am getting very frustrated. I am doing an online homework for ...
- Algebra - On my quiz for (3x+2)^2, I wrote the answer as 21x=4. My teacher gave ...
- math,help - on one of last week homeworks i got this one wrong can someone ...
- introductory algebra - I had these problems on my test and for some reason got ...
- 6th grade Math - I got a problem wrong and I don't know why. Here it is: A ...
- Algebra Zero Product Rule - I'm working with the zero product rule and I've ...
- psychology - We don't just answer questions here. We help. So at least tell us ...
- Math - 1. The towns population increased from 80,000 to 90,000 in ten years. ...
- math - if i had 20 cookies i gave to away multiplied by 7 got 12 token away then...
- Calculus - This is a problem we did previously on a test; my answer was marked ...