Posted by Sue on Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 12:01pm.
If an integer a is pictured on the number line then the distance
from the point on the number line that represents the integer to the origin is ƒaƒ.
Using this idea answer the
a. Explain why ƒa 2 bƒ is the distance between the points that represent the integers a and b.
b. One way to define “less than” for integers is as follows: a , b if and only if a is to the left of b on the number line.
Consequently b . a if and only if b is to the right of a.
Use these ideas to mark on a number line all integers
x such that:
(i) ƒ xƒ , 5 (ii) ƒ xƒ , 1
(iii) ƒ xƒ $ 5 (iv) ƒ xƒ.21
Number Line - bobpursley, Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 12:23pm
I am uncertain what you need from us.
Draw a number line, starting at zero, marking 1,2,3,4,5,6,7...10
Somewhere put a b above one of the numbers. To the left of b, between zero and b, put an a above a number.
a) The distance from the origin to b is The number at point b. The distance from the origin to a is the number by a.
The question is, how far is it from a to b?
WEll, if we subtract a from b, we get that distance.
b)I don't understand the symbols above. Sorry.
Number Line - Ronald, Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 5:04pm
counting on a number line how do you do that
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math! Please check! - Okay, so this one is going to be a bit difficult to answer...
- Math: Integers - Hey guys! I need help with this problem..it tells me to write a...
- Math - 1. 5h – 9 = –16 + 6h (1 point) 4 –7 7 10 2. 4x + 4 = 9x – 36 (1 point) –8...
- math - Can someone help me with my math problem? Thank you Write the integer ...
- math - Describe two diferent real-life situations that canbe represented by the ...
- 3rd grade Math - Representations - Draw a number line. Make sure the following ...
- math - sam is making a number line and wants to make a point for 3/4 on the ...
- math - a number line below -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 Which of the expressions ...
- Math-Measure's & area - 1. Find the area of a parallelogram with base b and ...
- Math! - Please Please Please help me! I'm really behind and need to get this ...