Posted by Swtpllypb on Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 10:55am.
For what values of x is the following expression: 1/(x^2-25). How do you solve and determined the undefined value? Thanks!
- algebra - Cool rich., Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 11:18am
Get the square root of x^2-25
- algebra - bobpursley, Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 11:31am
the expression has to be an equation, equal to something. In the cool rich response, it is wrong. the expression X^2-25=0 cannot ever be here, as the expression has that in the denominator, and division by zero is never allowed.
- algebra - drwls, Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 11:57am
I think your question left out an important word. Did you mean to write:
<<For what values of x is the following expression undefined?
The answer to THAT question is the two values of x for which the denominator is zero.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - For what value or values of x is the expression 3x/x^2-x undefined?
- Algebra - please help with this : Consider the expression x^2-4x-12 and ...
- college algebra - CRITICAL THINKING : Without grouping symbols,the expression 2....
- trig - Find the exact value of cot 45°, if the expression is undefined write ...
- Algebra 2 - Find a value(s) that makes the expression y^2 - 16 ---------- ...
- Algebra-Undefined - Find all numbers for which the rational expression is ...
- Algebra - where is the following expression in undefined?? (x+1)(x-2)/x^2-25
- algebra - 3/0 =? the answer is 0 but my options are to solve the equation if ...
- Alg. II - Simplify. Identify any x-values for which the expression is undefined...
- Advanced Functions 122 - For what values of x is an element of real numbers, ...