Posted by A.H. on Friday, September 11, 2009 at 10:01pm.
I need a little help understanding the Business Organization portion of the Business Model. I have the definition for it, but I don't understand it: The system of task and authority
relationship which coordinates
and controls the interactions
between people so that they
work toward a common goal
Could you give me an explanation of what this means in English? :-)
- Business - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 11, 2009 at 10:06pm
First -- are there any words that you do not understand?
Business organization is a system of task and authority.
This system helps people work together for a common goal.
- Business - A.H., Friday, September 11, 2009 at 10:11pm
Hi Ms. Sue!
You helped me last week with my Critical Thinkin final - and thanks to you I aced it! You were such a big help - thank you!
So I don't know what they mean by task and authority? I am writing about a local restaurant and need to define that part of the business model. For the business occupation part of it, I described the chef, wait staff, concierge. But now I wonder if that should be under the organization part of it?
Your help is appreciated.
- Business - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 11, 2009 at 10:24pm
Congratulations on aceing your critical thinking final!
The tasks are those things that the staff needs to do to make a successful restaurant -- mainly cooking and serving customers politely and efficiently.
The authority is the boss or bosses who supervise and keep the staff working to do their tasks well. The organizer is one who hires the staff, sets the schedules, makes sure there is the right number of people working at a time, and rewards the staff for jobs well done.
- Business - A.H., Friday, September 11, 2009 at 10:25pm
Thank you - have a wonderful evening!
- Business - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 11, 2009 at 10:26pm
You're very welcome, AH.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- foundations of business - Consider a local business whose services you ...
- Business - Can you please help me in better understanding these different types ...
- math - Eduardo owned of a family business. He sold of the business to his son. ...
- books - I need help with this question, I have to write a paragraph to support ...
- LAW 302 Business Law for Managers - How do the various interests in land and ...
- math - edurado owned 6/7 of a family business. he sold 1/5 of the business to ...
- math - edwardo owned 6/7 of a family business. He sold 1/5 of the business to ...
- math - Eduando owned 6/7 of a family business. he sold 1/5 of the business to ...
- Math - Tina owned 4/5 of the family business. She sold 1/2 of the business to ...
- Mat - Eduardo owned 6/7 of a family business. He sold 1/5 of the business to his...