Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 4:49pm.
divide and simplify
7/18 divided by 14/39
the first step is to change the recipricol which is 14/39 = 39/14
then multiply 7 x 39=273
the answer is 273/252 I am not good at simplifying big numbers can someone please help me?
- 5th grade math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 5:00pm
Like many people, I do not like fractions. Decimals are much easier.
273/252 = 1.083333 = 1 83/100.
Since no number goes evenly into both 83 and 100 -- 1 83/100 is the simplified answer.
- 5th grade math - Max, Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 5:04pm
thank you so much, i hate simplifying big numbers they throw me off
- 5th grade math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 5:06pm
Many countries have almost completely abolished teaching about fractions.
- 5th grade math - mysterychicken, Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 5:08pm
Ooo i'd like to move to those countries!
- 5th grade math - Max, Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 5:15pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- health - What is the toll-free number for the National Suicide Prevention ...
- Math - What do you call an angle more than 90 degrees and less than 180 degrees...
- Chemistry - A reference solution is to be prepared with 5 PPM parabenzopyrene (...
- Algebra I - I can understand this if the steps are shown to me. Please help me ...
- Math - Multiply each of the following. Write your answer as a simplified ...
- College Algebra - I'm sorry I wrote the problem wrong previously. "The equation...
- Chemistry - If a gas at 0 celsius were warmed by 1 celsius ansd the pressure did...
- Algebra - 1. LCM of 15x^7 and 45x^7 2. Marla can shovel the driveway in 60min ...
- math-inequalities - I really don't understand this stuff for example: 9b-3b+34&...
- math - divide in the indicated base 5 6 / 252 6