Posted by Jen on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 7:15pm.
The following data describes the rainfall.
Jan - 1
Feb - 3
Mar - 1
Apr - 2
May - 2
Jun - 2
Jul - 19
Aug - 21
Sep - 3
Oct - 3
Nov - 2
Dec - 3
Which statement best describes the averages?
A. The mean is the least appropriate to use to describe the average rainfall.
B. The mean is the most appropriate to use to describe the average rainfall.
C. The median is the least appropriate to use to describe the average rainfall.
D. The mode is the least appropriate to use to describe the average rainfall.
- Math - Multiple choice - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 7:22pm
Since mean and average are the same, the best answer is B.
- Math - Multiple choice - PsyDAG, Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 2:33pm
I would disagree with Ms. Sue. Since the mean is most influenced by deviant scores, it would be least appropriate. To test this out, calculate the means with and without the July-August data.
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - KILOWATT-HOURS OF ELECTRICITY USED MONTH KWH USED/ MONTH DWH USED JAN 2,...
- Probabability - You are given monthly annualized total return data for two ...
- Geography - Why does London experience spring in MAR-MAY, summer in JUN-AUG, ...
- Math/Trig - The following is a table for the maximum temperature per month, for ...
- Biology - Should the point (0,0) be plotted on this graph? Average Temperatures...
- C++ - I am having trouble identifying the flaws in my code. I need to created a ...
- Computers - How to do Excel Spreadsheet- Formulas? I have to do an excel ...
- math - sales for the first four months of the year were as follows: jan.5282 feb...
- math - Date US Population Jul 1, 2012 313.85 million Jul 1, 2011 311.59 million...
- Math - Here is the instruction: Use the data from the table to calculate the ...