Posted by Jessie T on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 4:22pm.
Did I do these right? Can someone let me know if I did them correctly? I had someone help me with the problems but know I want to make sure their the right answers?
1. Methane burns in oxygen according to the following equation:
CH4 + 2O2 ----> CO2 + 2H2O
What is the mass of CO2 produced when 3.4 grams O2 reacts according to the above reaction?
After doing the calculations I got 2.3g, is that correct? Did I do that right?
2. Determine the number of moles of MgO that form from the reaction of 4.4 moles of O2 in the following unbalanced reaction:
Mg + O2 ----> MgO
The balanced equation I get is:
2Mg + O2 ----> 2MgO
a. 1.1 moles
b. 4.4 moles
c. 17.6 moles
d. 2.2 moles
e. 8.8 moles
What I get after doing the calculations is d. 2.2 moles, is that correct? Did I do that right?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry 130 - Will someone let me know if I did these correct? 1. Rank the ...
- Chemistry - We're doing a spontentaity lab in chemistry and I wanted to make ...
- Chemistry - A mole of methane reacts with 64g of oxygen at 1 atm, 425 K. There ...
- Chemistry - The burning of methane in oxygen is a highly exothermic reaction. ...
- algebra1 - im just checking to make sure i did my problems right before tomorrow...
- geometry - m<S=30, m(arc)RS=84,and RU is tangent to the circle at R find m<...
- Algebra - Suppose a triangle has angles A,B, and C. Angle C is the right angle. ...
- Spanish-Please check SraJMcGin - Hi, I redid some of the answers as suggested ...
- Chemistry HELP - Can someone help me with these....I just need to make sure they...
- chem - If you burn 13.7 g of methane (CH4) burns in oxygen, then 686 kJ is ...