Posted by Jessie on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 1:22pm.
Can someone please help me with these questions?
1 (7). Rank the following in order of increasing radius based on their positions on the periodic table: S, S-2, Cl
a. S, S-2, Cl
b. S-2, Cl, S
c. Cl, S, S-2
d. Cl, S-2, S
e. S, Cl, S-2
6 (16). Methane burns in oxygen according to the following equation:
CH4(g) + 2O2(g) „³ CO2(g) + 2H2O
What is the mass of CO2 produced when 3.4 grams O2 reacts according to the above equation?
Chemistry 130 - DrBob222, Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 3:14pm
For 1, generally the radius decreases as one moves from the left to the right in the periodic table. Adding electrons to the outer shell (as in S^-2) usually increases the size disproportionately because the electrons are repelling one another.
For #2, make sure the equation is balanced.
Convert 3.4 grams O2 to moles O2. moles = grams/molar mass.
Using the coefficients in the balanced equation, convert moles O2 to moles of CO2.
Convert moles CO2 to grams. grams = moles x molar mass.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Can someone please help me with these chemistry questions...I just ...
- Chemistry 130 - Will someone let me know if I did these correct? 1. Rank the ...
- Chemistry - (a)What is the bond order of the diatomic molecule BN? (b) Is BN ...
- Chemistry - Rank the following solutions in order of increasing acidity. 1 M ...
- Chemistry - Rank from most to least active based on placement on periodic table...
- Chemistry - Predict the answer to each question according to trends in the ...
- Math - Rank the following data in increasing order and find the positions and ...
- sicence - The following elements as alkali, alkaline-earth or transition metals ...
- Chemistry - Rank the following three elements in order of increasing Young'...
- Chemistry - rank the following atoms and ions in the order of expected ...