Posted by John on Monday, September 7, 2009 at 11:58pm.
1. Remember, school comes first.
2. Remember that school comes first.
3. Remember school comes first.
(Which expressions are correct? Are all correct? Do we have to put a comma after 'Remember'?)
English - jake, Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 1:02am
English - Brooke, Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 2:55am
depending on how it is said if ur mom for example says: remember, school comes first so no parties ??
so i'm really not sure english is such a difficult lauguge
English - GuruBlue, Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 8:49am
John, 1 and 2 are correct.
Yes, there needs to be a comma after "remember" in that context. What you are actually saying is
(You) remember, school comes first.
English - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 10:29am
P.S. To amplify a bit GuruBlue's answer: After the direct address (you are speaking to someone with the "command" to remember), there is a comma.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. I remember when we first met. 2. I remember that we first met...
- English - Can you please tell me if the following sentences regarding school ...
- English - Can you tell me if sentence 2 is a mistake? Thank you. I remember ...
- english - can you check to see if i identified the verbs correctly and used the...
- Poem - I wrote this poem and I was asking if it sounded good. Also it's a true ...
- english - twenty years later mar can still remember all of the words of her high...
- English expression - I am a first grader at New York Middle School. I am a first...
- Science (Bonding) - Can someone show me how to draw a dot and cross diagram for ...
- health - A person with early dementia-mid stage of dementia may have ability to ...
- MATH HELP!!!!!!!!!! - If the first bell is at 8:12 but the all the buses are at ...