Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, September 7, 2009 at 5:18pm.
Can someone please check if my answers are correct?
16. Although most of South America lies within the tropical latitudes
a. climate and vegetation differ greatly in the region
b. cold ocean currents keep the air cool and dry
c. there is little tropical vegetation on the continent
d. the abundance of highlands and mountains keep growing seasons short
Is this one D?
13. Two great Indian civilizations of the Latin American region were
a. the Portuguese and the Incan
b. the Aztec and the Mayan
c. the Mayan and the Inuit
d. the Spanish and the Portuguese
14. The main landforms of Mexico are the Sierra Madres and the
a. central plateau
b. Isthmus of Panama
c. Amazon Basin
19. All of the following statements about Brazil's economy are true except
a. Because of the development of gasohol, Brazil no longer has to import expensive foreign oil
b. Industrial developments have destroyed the middle class
c. Jobs in service industries usually pay more than jobs in agriculture
d. Despite industrial development, poverty remains in the cities and the agricultural northeast
Geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 7, 2009 at 5:22pm
16. No. I've given you hints twice about this answer.
14. Please go back and check your book and maps. The Andes Mountains are in South America!!
19. Where did you get that answer?? Did you really read your text? Did you read the question?
Geography - mysterychicken, Monday, September 7, 2009 at 5:25pm
Are there any links that can help me? ...especially with #16
I was pretty positive about the last one. My book tells me that it's correct too...
because it definitely can't be A or D
Geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 7, 2009 at 5:51pm
(Broken Link Removed)
19. If your book says that industrial developments have destroyed the middle class, you'd better find a more accurate textbook.
Why can't it be C or D??
Geography - mysterychicken, Monday, September 7, 2009 at 6:51pm
Because I think C and D might be true
Geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 7, 2009 at 6:56pm
I'm sorry -- MC. I misread the question. :-(
Of course, the one answer that is not true is B. Duhh!!
I guess I'd better tune up my brain and read more carefully!
Geography - mysterychicken, Monday, September 7, 2009 at 7:06pm
=P I thought so Ms.Sue..i was doubting your intelligence!
Geography - Ms. Sue, Monday, September 7, 2009 at 7:08pm
LOL!! Good doubts! <g>
I'm glad you hung in there til you convinced me that I was wrong!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography - 16. Although most of South America lies within the tropical ...
- Geography - Can someone please check of my answers are correct? 16. Although ...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - What are two reasons for the variety of climate and ...
- Social Studies - 1. Rivers that flow into larger bodies of water are called ...
- Social Studies - Although most of South America lies within the tropical ...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). Where are most of the high-land climate zones located...
- Social Studies - Which factor best explains the climate distribution of northern...
- Geography - How do the monsoons and the mountains influence the climate in South...
- Geography - 5. Although politically united with England since 1907, Scotland has...
- Geography - After looking at multiple resourses I have concluded that New ...