posted by mysterychicken on .
Can someone please check if my answers are correct?
16. Although most of South America lies within the tropical latitudes
a. climate and vegetation differ greatly in the region
b. cold ocean currents keep the air cool and dry
c. there is little tropical vegetation on the continent
d. the abundance of highlands and mountains keep growing seasons short
Is this one D?
13. Two great Indian civilizations of the Latin American region were
a. the Portuguese and the Incan
b. the Aztec and the Mayan
c. the Mayan and the Inuit
d. the Spanish and the Portuguese
14. The main landforms of Mexico are the Sierra Madres and the
a. central plateau
b. Isthmus of Panama
c. Amazon Basin
19. All of the following statements about Brazil's economy are true except
a. Because of the development of gasohol, Brazil no longer has to import expensive foreign oil
b. Industrial developments have destroyed the middle class
c. Jobs in service industries usually pay more than jobs in agriculture
d. Despite industrial development, poverty remains in the cities and the agricultural northeast
16. No. I've given you hints twice about this answer.
14. Please go back and check your book and maps. The Andes Mountains are in South America!!
19. Where did you get that answer?? Did you really read your text? Did you read the question?
Are there any links that can help me? ...especially with #16
I was pretty positive about the last one. My book tells me that it's correct too...
because it definitely can't be A or D
(Broken Link Removed)
19. If your book says that industrial developments have destroyed the middle class, you'd better find a more accurate textbook.
Why can't it be C or D??
Because I think C and D might be true
I'm sorry -- MC. I misread the question. :-(
Of course, the one answer that is not true is B. Duhh!!
I guess I'd better tune up my brain and read more carefully!
=P I thought so Ms.Sue..i was doubting your intelligence!
LOL!! Good doubts! <g>
I'm glad you hung in there til you convinced me that I was wrong!