Posted by Sarah on Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 8:03pm.
I'm sorry I didn't see your comment before, thanks for the first part. Ok so I think these are the verbs, but I'm not sure which are which.
"Every November, bands from across the country visit New York City for the big Thanksgiving Day Parade. Even on COLD days when winds or LIGHT rain might SCARE away spectators, the parade IS on schedule. The crowd LINES the parade route and will STAY untill the last float has driven out of sight. As bands STRUT down Broadway, drum majors POUND their drums, members of color guards rhythmically WAVE their flags, and baton twirlers TOSS their batons into the air and CATCH them as they TWIRL downward to the ground. Meanwhile, giant, colorful cartoon balloons like Betty Boop, Spiderman, and Bart Simpson, and other favorite characters ARE overhead. For young children, the parade remains an eventful experience and becomes a fond memory in their lives."
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
- English - SraJMcGin, Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 8:09pm
You think all the words in capital letters are verbs? They are not.
visit = verb
Cold = adjective
light = adjective
scare = verb
is = verb
lines = verb
stay = verb
has driven = verb
strut = verb
pound = verb
wave = verb
toss = verb
catch = verb
twirl = verb
are = verb
remains = verb
becomes = verb
Is that what you meant?
- English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 8:10pm
Evidently you didn't read my response below. Please do so.
You've found most of the verbs in the rest of the paragraph. However, you've still missed five verbs in the last sentences..
- English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 8:11pm
Ooops -- I didn't see your first line above. Sorry.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - Can you please help me find the action, linking, auxiliary and ...
- English - Write CX before each complex sentence. Write CP before each compound ...
- English - Sorry, I can't see you. ================== What does this sentence ...
- Math - Hi Sorry I'm reposting this question, I think the answer that was ...
- Algebra - (I am not sure how to get the y value for part C and the whole part D...
- College Algebra - (I am not sure how to get the y value for part C and the whole...
- Math Ratios - Julian, Majid and Pillay had the same number of rubber bands. ...
- Math - In how many different ways can the top eight new indie bands be ranked on...
- Math - In interviewing November's statement she notices that her beginning ...
- English - Native speakers - Question: Which 2 answers are correct? Which is not ...