Posted by Anonymous on Friday, September 4, 2009 at 5:15pm.
How do I write this problem?
to receive a grade B- in a math course, you must have a mean of 83 on five tests (4 tests + one final) all 100 pts maximum each. Your scores thus far are 85,79,82,and 81. How many points must you have on the final, to earn the B-? write down your work..
math - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 4, 2009 at 5:18pm
0.83 * 500 = 415
You need a total of 415 points.
Your test grades so far = 327
415 = 327 = 88
You need at least a score of 88 on the final.
math - Anonymous, Friday, September 4, 2009 at 5:24pm
thank you ms. Sue.. the four scores threw me off and wasn't sure how to start the formula or problem
math - Ms. Sue, Friday, September 4, 2009 at 5:27pm
I just noticed that I have a typo:
415 - 327 = 88
math - Anonymous, Friday, September 4, 2009 at 5:41pm
thank you you are a life saver
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - You are taking a math course in which there will be four tests each ...
- math - Jennifer's scores on her first four science tests were 85, 76, 89 and 92...
- Math - In your class, you have scores of 73,85,76, and 92 on the first ...
- math - Jill knows her average score on five tests is 88. She can find all but ...
- 9gr - Caleb scored the following on his first four tests: 78, 84, 88, and 82. ...
- Math - In math class, a student has an average grade of 85% for five tests so ...
- math - In his algebra class, Rob has scores of 79, 85, 81, and 65 on his first ...
- math - A student has a mean score of 88 on five tests taken. What score must she...
- Math - Marie has scores of 65,72,80,74, and 85 on five math tests. The final ...
- math - Adam took five tests and received a grade for each of them. The first ...