Posted by Ryan on Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 6:06pm.
An object falls from height h from rest and travels 0.45h in the last 1.00 s.
(a) Find the time of its fall.
(b) Find the height of its fall.
I've tried multiple times but I cannot get the correct answer.
physics - bobpursley, Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 6:10pm
I assume that is .45m in the last second.
WEll, its average veloicty was .45m/s. Knowing its acceleration,
vf=vi+at in the last second, but avg velocity= vf+vi)/2 or
2 avgvel=vf+ vi or vi=2avgv-vf
vf=avgv + g/2 so solve for vf
v=gtimefall solve for time of fall
h=1/2 g t^2
physics - Ryan, Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 6:20pm
No, the question actually says it travels 0.45h in the last second. So its 45% of the total height I believe. Unless it was a typo the average velocity is unknown. The only information known is its initial velocity (at the top of the fall, not only the last second) and the distance (0.45h) it falls in the last second.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - An object falls a distance h from rest. If it travels 0.45h in the ...
- physics - An object falls a distance h from rest. If it travels 0.43h in the ...
- physics - Find the height of a hot air balloon if an object which falls from it ...
- Physics - An object is released from rest at height h above the surface of the ...
- physics - an object fall from rest of total height h and covers a distance of h/...
- Physics - Two bodies begin to fall freely from the same height but 2nd one falls...
- Math3(Reiny Please Help) - An object on Earth falls with an acceleration of a=9....
- Math - The formula t =vh/4 can be used to find the time t in seconds it will ...
- Math - A ball is thrown 16 m into the air. The ball falls, rebounds to half its ...
- physics - An object was dropped from the top a tall building. During the last ...