Posted by Lauren on Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 4:53pm.
Find the representation of the number 256 in the following bases:
a. base six
b. base twelve
c. base two
I get how to write the number of objects as a base(whatever), but I think this is asking me to start from the end number and work backwards. I really need help. I have two different questions concerning this math concept.
math - MathMate, Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 5:27pm
To find the number 286 in base 12, you divide 286 by 12, note the remainder, and keep dividing until the quotient is less than 12.
286/12 = 23 R 10
23/12 = 1 R 11
286 in base 12 would be 1(11)(10).
If we use the usual notation where A=10, B=11, we have
28610 = 1BA12
If you proceed the same way for other bases or numbers, you will get the right answers. Post your answers for checking if you wish.
math - Nick, Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 1:39am
i am working on a math project and i need 10 different representations of the number 256..its due tomorrow
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Find the representation of the number 256 in thefollowing bases:a. Base ...
- Math - Convert the following base-ten numbers to a numerical in the indicated ...
- math - find the representation of the number 256 in base six
- College Math 213 - write each of the following in the indicated base. 1011two to...
- math - Write the base 10 number 945 s a base 6 number and as a base 12 number. ...
- Math - Write each of the following in the indicated base. (a) 1021three to base ...
- Math - Convert the base-ten number to a number in the indicated base. 12 to base...
- Computer - devise a number system based on base 11. a)draw the number line b)...
- Computer pls help - A Harshad Number in a given number base is an integer that ...
- heeeeeelp computer - A Harshad Number in a given number base is an integer that ...