Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 11:01pm.
How do i use substitution to solve each system?
y= 0.8x + 7.2
20x + 32y=48
- algebra - DrBob222, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 11:11pm
I would rearrange them to know what I had.
0.8x - y = -7.2
20x +32y = 48
Then I would consider taking out the largest factor I could in the second equation. That would be a factor of 4.
For solving by substitution, I would solve the first equation for y which would be -y = -7.2 - 0.8x or
y = 7.2+0.8x
Substitute this value for y into the second equation and go from there.
- algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 11:12pm
your first equation tells you what y is, so sub that into the second
20x + 32(.8x+7.2) = 48
solve for x, then sub that x value back into the first equation to get y.
Answer this Question
- algebra 1 - Solve by substitution. y=.8x+72 20x+32y=48 How do you get y? i got ...
- algebra - i need help with these problems (either a solution or how to plug them...
- Algebra - 2(0.5-3y) + y > (4y-0.2)8 I understand how to solve the problem, ...
- algebra - use substitution to solve the system -5x+24=27 and y=2x+11
- Algebra 1- Math - use substitution to solve the system 2x-y=-4 -3x+y=-9
- algebra - Use the method of substitution to solve the system. xy=1 4x-y+3=0
- Algebra - y=4x-1 y=2x-5 Use substitution to solve each system of equations
- Algebra II - If you were to use the substitution method to solve the following ...
- algebra - Requesting help. (I must reckon, that X is a variable, and y is y-...
- Algebra - Use the substitution method to solve the linear system. 1/8p+3/4q=7 3/...