Posted by Isabel on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 9:45pm.
Keeping the numbers in exact order, add perentheses, exponents, multiplication, subtraction, divison and addition to make this expression equal 100.
3,5,6,2,54, and 5.
- 7th grade math - MathMate, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 9:59pm
Try to break up the problem into smaller pieces.
For example, 54+5=59, so can you make 41 from 3,5,6,2?
If not, try using 54-5=49. See if you can make 51 from 3,5,6,2.
You are allowed to use exponents, for example, 6^2=36.
- 7th grade math - Isabel, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 10:04pm
I still don't really understand! :)
- 7th grade math - MathMate, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 10:08pm
If you can make 51 from 3,5,6,2 then the result will be
I also gave you the hint that 6^2=36, that means you need to make 15 with the rest.
- 7th grade math - Isabel, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 10:11pm
Ok thanks! NOW i get it :)
- 7th grade math :) - MathMate, Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 8:11am
You're welcome! Keep up the good work!
- 7th grade math - JASMIN, Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 4:00pm
what is 9,234 divide [3x3(1+8 to the 3rd power)]
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- i need help completing this MATH question! - ORDER OF OPERATIONS step 1. first ...
- math - How can you make 34 by only using the digits 1, 2, 3, and 4? You can put ...
- math - Shania is having trouble understanding her algebra assignment. To help ...
- MATH MULTIPLICATION!!! - PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM: 4((3x-6)/(6x+2))^3...
- math - How can you make 7 by only using the digits 1, 2, 3, and 4? You can put ...
- math - Use each of the integers 1-9 exactly once in any order to write a ...
- algabra - What is an expression to simplify using at least three of the ...
- math: and i really need help - 3x(a-5)=6 What is the value of a ? 3x(a-5)=6 is x...
- math - using exactly four 4s and only addition, subtraction, multiplication, and...
- Math - use addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division to make a ...