Posted by Elizabeth on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 9:42pm.
Why did the ancient puebloans most likely use materials other than wood to build their homes?
A. Few trees grew in the dry climate in which they lived
B. Wood was considered too sacred to use for building
C.They were nomads and needed to move their homes quiclky
D. The Ice Age during which they lived was too cold for trees to grow
Social studies - Writeacher, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 9:44pm
Which answer to you think is correct and why? Once you've attempted to answer the question, someone here will be happy to comment.
Social studies - Elizabeth, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 9:56pm
Social studies - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 10:08pm
I don't think so, Elizabeth.
Think about the area in which the Puebloans lived. What kind of climate was there? What plants grew there?
Social studies - Writeacher, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 10:21pm
Where did those ancient puebloans live? That's your biggest clue.
Social studies - Elizabeth, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 11:02pm
Yeah. They lived in the Southweast which is a desert. Then, the correct answer is A.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - Easiest way to build a model of an Iroquois village using ...
- Social Studies - What is one way that the people have changed the environment in...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - Why were forests chopped down in Europe? A: This occurred ...
- science - what's the difference between inexhaustible resources and renewable ...
- Physics - Aristotle and his theory - Aristotle beleived that wood was a ...
- Social Studies - 1. The climate along the equator in Africa is ____. A. hot and ...
- English - 1. He is try to hit a piece of wood with an axe to cut it. (Is this ...
- Reading - When you're scribbling a note with a pencil, do you ever wonder what ...
- social studies - in the subtropical dry summer climate zone medieval farmers ...
- physics - The coefficient of kinetic friction for wood on wood is o.55. The ...