Posted by Mary-Grace on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 5:53pm.
These are all true or false questions:
The Civil War Greatly increased the power of the Federal Government.
I think that is false but I'm not sure . . .
As a result of the war, the South's economy boomed, while the economy of the North slumped.
I'm pretty sure that is false.
The war ushered the use of ironclad ships, which were superior to the wooden ships of the past.
That would be true, I think.
The Thirteen Amendment abolished slavery in all states in the western territory.
Now this one really puzzles me, because I thought slavery was abolished in all the states, not just western territory. Would you say this is true or false?
Thanks for all the help, it would be nice if you could say if you think they are true or false and then possibly explain, it so I know your not going to give me the wrong answer . . .
- 6th Grade Civil War History - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 5:59pm
For the first question, think about the Constitutional Amendments that took power away from the states and gave this power to the federal government.
Your answers to 2 and 3 are right.
The last question is a little tricky. You're right that the 13th Amendment abolished slavery in all states. So I'd mark that one false.
- 6th Grade Civil War History - yay, Tuesday, October 6, 2009 at 2:33am
you just did my homework for me. i'm a junior in high school :D
- 6th Grade Civil War History - mya, Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 3:13pm
this is crazy what are you talking about i need cival war facts
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- History - All of the following help to explain Americans' reluctance to support ...
- history - what are some questions that i can research about the civil war? i ...
- civil war- true/false - Please check these true/false civil war questions. 1. ...
- social studies - 1. who was the governor of Louisiana when the civil war began...
- history - Can someone please tell me what countries were involved in the civil ...
- social studies - what did freedom to former slaves and how did their lives ...
- US history - Hi, I need help with these three questions: 1. What were some of ...
- The Civil War - I need websites that can tell me about the civil war. I googled ...
- Literature - 12. When does the Narrative of Sojourner Truth take place? A. ...
- History-Civil War - What was the biggest challenge faced by the federal ...