Posted by RAYMOND on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 1:26pm.
1.Between 1950 and 2004, the world population increased exponentially from 2.5 billion to 6.4 billion, what is the percent change?
2.Calculate the percent decrease if there are 620 incoming freshmen and 500 graduated seniors?
percent change: (amount change/initial value ) x 100
I keep on getting 156% and 24% is it right?
ENVIRO SCIENCE - bobpursley, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 1:29pm
2) no. the initial value is 620
ENVIRO SCIENCE - RAYMOND, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 1:31pm
So it is 156% increase and 19.4% decrease?
ENVIRO SCIENCE - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 1:33pm
I agree with 156%.
Try # 2 again.
The amount of the change was 120. The initial value was 620.
ENVIRO SCIENCE - RAYMOND, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 1:34pm
So #2 is 19.4% decrease?
ENVIRO SCIENCE - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 1:34pm
Yes -- it was a 19.4% decrease.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - How do you solve percent of change? My problem says identify the percent ...
- Math - The table shows how many hours Catalina spent babysitting during the ...
- business math - The GDP of Company E was $500 million in 1995. The population ...
- Macroeconomics - The money supply in Freedonia is $200 billion. Nominal GDP is $...
- jj - Find the percent of increase or decrease. Round your answer to the nearest ...
- Algebra help - Find each percent of change. Describe the percent of change as an...
- math - The sales of a kids sneakers rose from $3 billion to $3.8 billion. Find ...
- Economics - *MPC = 3/4 *change in Taxes(T) = $5 Billion *change in Government ...
- macroeconomics - Assume that the government purchases decrease by 10 billion, ...
- Macroeconomics - Wondering if I am doing this correctly?? If net taxes are ...