Posted by Claire on Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 7:29am.
Can you please check my answers. I made the answers in capital letters.
Directions, Choose the simple subject in each sentence.
1. The annual kite contest takes place this weekend. KITE
2. Fifty contestants are competing for first prize this year. CONTESTANT
3. The rules require that each contestant make his or her own kite.
4. Last year I made a beautiful red box kite. YEAR
5. Nine other people also made box kites. PEOPLE
6. Others built biamond, delta, and various kinds of huge kites. BUILT
7. A strong wind can blow and snap the string on a kite. WIND
8. Many great kites were lost this time. KITES
9. A fifteen -year-old girl was awarded first prize-a brand new kite.
10. Children around the world fly kites just for fun. CHILDREN
Thank you very much for your help.
- 4th Grade Language Arts - GuruBlue, Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 8:30am
The following need to be looked at again.
#'s 1, 4,6,9
One way to find the subject is to look for the verb, then ask youself "who are what did this"
- 4th Grade Language Arts - kim, Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 10:43pm
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT QUESTIONS 1, 4, 6, 9?
- 4th Grade Language Arts - faith brown, Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 3:20pm
what is it though?
Answer this Question
English Help!!! Correcting Grammer - Choose the word in the following sentences...
language arts - The rules require that each contestant make his or her own kite...
Language Arts repost for Adam - I need help understanding simple subject, & ...
Language Arts - 8th grade language arts help. Please I need help with this I don...
english - I need to find the simple subject and simple predicate: Every sentence...
language arts - An example of a simple sentence? This is an example of a simple ...
4th grade - Estimate the answers: a) 3 10/11 + 2 1/101 = Choose 4,5,6,or 7 b) 5 ...
Language arts - the capital letters in the sentence are either adverbs or ...
MORE LANGUAGE ARTS URGENT - Because she wants to go to medical school, Becky ...
4th grade - What is the complete subject and simple subject for the sentence " ...