4th Grade Language Arts
posted by Claire on .
Can you please check my answers. I made the answers in capital letters.
Directions, Choose the simple subject in each sentence.
1. The annual kite contest takes place this weekend. KITE
2. Fifty contestants are competing for first prize this year. CONTESTANT
3. The rules require that each contestant make his or her own kite.
4. Last year I made a beautiful red box kite. YEAR
5. Nine other people also made box kites. PEOPLE
6. Others built biamond, delta, and various kinds of huge kites. BUILT
7. A strong wind can blow and snap the string on a kite. WIND
8. Many great kites were lost this time. KITES
9. A fifteen -year-old girl was awarded first prize-a brand new kite.
10. Children around the world fly kites just for fun. CHILDREN
Thank you very much for your help.
The following need to be looked at again.
#'s 1, 4,6,9
One way to find the subject is to look for the verb, then ask youself "who are what did this"
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT QUESTIONS 1, 4, 6, 9?
what is it though?