Posted by Veronica on Monday, August 31, 2009 at 11:42pm.
A high school has 900 students, 40% of whom are drama majors. A second high school has a 75% drama majors population. The school board plans to merge the two schools into a Performing Arts magnet school that will then have a 52.5% drama majors student body. How many students are at the second school?
Algebra - DrBob222, Monday, August 31, 2009 at 11:56pm
Let x = # students at second h.s.
0.4(900) + 0.75x = 0.525(900+x)
solve for x.
Algebra - Dana, Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 12:09am
Solution A is 30% acid and solution B is 60% acid. How many gallons of each solution must be used to create a 60 gallon mixute that is 50% acid. I have to set this up as a system of equations, and I thought one system was x + y = 60, but I can't get an answer, please help
Algebra - Dr Russ, Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 4:32am
If you piggy back one question on another you are unlikely to get an answer, because it looks as though the question has been answered. You should show you question as a new problem.
Algebra - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 9:23am
0.4(900)+0.75x = 0.525(900+x)
360 + 0.75x = 472.5 + 0.525x
0.75x - 0.525x = 472.5 - 360
0.225x = 112.5
0.225x/0.225 = 112.5/0.225
x = 500
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Logic - This is the information about students participating in a field trip: 36...
- After-school activities for high school students - I recently received a job to...
- Math - The school band is compromised of middle school students and high school ...
- Math - The school band is comprised of middle school students and high school ...
- English - 1. My school begins at 8:30 a.m. like Bora's school. 2. Our school ...
- algebra 2 - In a high school, 35% of the 3500 students participate in sports. ...
- Statistics - A researcher is interested in whether students who attend private ...
- Math - The school band is comprised of middle school students to the number of ...
- statistics - 1. A researcher is interested in whether students who attend ...
- stastics - Approimately 10.3% of American high school students drop out of ...