Posted by lina on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 10:45pm.
The concept i get, but somehow i just can't execute this problem, please help me!
You are given vectors A = 5.5 6.2 and B = - 3.7 7.4 . A third vector C lies in the xy-plane. Vector C is perpendicular to vector A and the scalar product of C with B is 19.0.
I need x and y components for vector C
physics [vectors] - Damon, Monday, August 31, 2009 at 6:09am
A = 5.5 i + 6.2 j
B = -3.7i + 7.4 j
C = x i + y j
A dot C = |A| |C| cos theta
if perpendicular theta is 90 degrees and cos theta = 0
5.5 x + 6.2 y = 0
B dot C = 19
-3.7 x + 7.4 y = 19.0
solve those two equations for x and y
physics [vectors] - DN, Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 12:28pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - You are given vectors A = 5.0i - 6.5j and B = -2.5i + 7.0j. A third ...
- Physics - You are given vectors A = 5.0i - 6.5j & B = -3.5i + 7.0j. A third ...
- Vectors - Given vectors A = -4.8i + 6.8j and B = 9.6i + 6.7j, determine the ...
- physics - Suppose vector A=3i-2j, B= -i-4j and vector C are three vectors in xy ...
- Physincs - You are given vectors A⃗ = 4.8 i^− 6.7 j^ and B⃗...
- PHYSICS VECTORS - 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data ...
- vectors - Given the vectors v=-2i+5j and w=3i+4i, determine (do I just plug what...
- Applied Maths - Given that position vector a=4i+2j, position vector b=13i+5j are...
- Math: Vectors - Find any vector w that is perpendicular to both vector "u = 3j...
- 12th grade - prove that normal to plane containing 3 points whose position ...