Posted by Hannah on Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 1:30pm.
The Novel : The Great Gatsby
"The beauty and splendor of Gatsby's parties masked the innate corruption within the heart of the Roaring Twenties. Jazz-Age society was a bankrupt world, devoid of morality, and plagued by a crisis of character."
The assignment is to either agree or disagree with this statement. I was going to agree with it because the Roaring Twenties was a time of social and artistic talent. I just wanted to know the opinion of someone else because I am not to sure about my answer.
- English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 1:49pm
If you agree with this statement you'd be saying that the Roaring Twenties were basically corrupt and immoral. This is a tenable argument considering the huge changes in social life and greedy investors in the stock market.
However, if you disagree with this statement, you could argue that Gatsby's parties represented only a small minority of Americans in the Twenties.
- English - GuruBlue, Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 2:04pm
Your statement would indicate to me that you disagree. It says that you believe the 20's was progressive in the areas of 'artistic and social' talent and that was more important than the more negative aspects of society then.
- Engrish - Sonjuro, Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 1:01pm
It wourd seem that you disaglee.
If you wele to aglee with the statement, you wourd have said that you think that it wele a time of colluption and false chalactel rike it says in the plompt.
- English - Engrish funny , Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 2:01pm
Sonjuru totally visits cheesburger. lolol
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english 3 - The beauty and splendor of Gatsby's parties masked the innate ...
- English - How do the characters, plot, and theme of The Great Gatsby refute the ...
- english - How do the characters, plot, and theme of The Great Gatsby support or ...
- ENGLISH 3 ONLINE - How do the characters, plot, and theme of The Great Gatsby ...
- english/great gatsby - could anyone confirm/fill in the blanks on these ages? ...
- english 3 - Why does nick think Gatsby is gorgeos in the novel The Great Gatsby?
- English - The Great Gatsby highlights __________. A.the empty materialism that ...
- english - i tried my best to coorrect this, but it still sounds wierd. the ...
- books - In the book "The Great Gatsby" why has Gatsby called off his parties?
- english - Disclose the range of emotions that Jay Gatsby reveals before,during ...