posted by Trying on .
These are the only ones I need help on, Thanks
1. Which of the following statements about information systems is not correct?
A. Information systems are concentrated in the IS Department.
B. Information systems tend to follow the structure of the organization.
C. Information systems are based on the needs of employees.
D. Any information system can be strategic.
E. Managing information systems is difficult.
3. An information system that analyzes credit card applications and suggests approval or denial is a(n):
A. expert system
C. functional area information system
D. decision support system
E. business intelligence system
4. Which of the following statements concerning information resources is not correct?
A. Information resources include all the hardware, information systems and applications, data, and networks in an organization.
B. Without their information resources, organizations cannot function.
C. Information resources typically do not change quickly.
D. Information resources are expensive to acquire, operate, and maintain.
5. International Game Technology had all of the following problems that led to its implementing an ERP system, except:
A. Each functional area had its own information system
B. Applications were not integrated
C. A lack of useful information for managers
D. The accounting department had multiple types of software
E. The company could not manage the high volume of its transactions
6. International Game Technology’s new ERP system produced all of the following benefits except:
A. Integrated the company’s business functions
B. Company was able to maintain its original business processes
C. ERP system connected the company’s global operations
D. The company gained flexibility in manufacturing products
E. Operations employees were able to access manufacturing process details at their workstations