Posted by Claire on Friday, August 28, 2009 at 7:53am.
Find the complete subject. I put the complete subject in ( ).
1. (Ramon travels) to many countries for his job.
2. (My mother) will meet him at the airport.
3. (He sometimes) stays at our home.
4. (Ramon bought) us presents from Holland last year.
5. (My family enjoys hearing) about Ramon's adventures.
The complete subject or predicate is...
Complete Predicate---is the Galapagos Islands.
6. My cousin's favorite place is the Galapagos Island.
Complete Subject---The islands
7. The islands are in the Pacific Ocean.
Complete Subject---Giant tourtoises
8. Giant tortoises are found only on the Galapagos Island.
Complete Predicate--can live to be 100 years old
9. These big reptiles can live to be 100 years old.
Complete Subject--Marine iguanas
10. Marine iguanas make their home on these islands too.
- 4th grade Language Arts - PsyDAG, Friday, August 28, 2009 at 8:13am
1. Ramon, travels is the verb
3. He, sometimes is an adverb that modifies stays
4. Ramon, again bought is a verb
5. My family, enjoys is verb
8. can live
I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.
- 4th grade Language Arts - Claire, Friday, August 28, 2009 at 8:17am
I don't think you are understanding the questions. Because I'm not looking for the verb on the first 5 sentences and your missing number 10...I think the numbers you gave me are off for the answers.
- 4th grade Language Arts - GuruBlue, Friday, August 28, 2009 at 8:45am
Claire , I think you mis-read these corrections.
PsyDAG is explaining the ones that are incorrect.
#1 Ramon is the subject....travels is the verb.. Therefore your answer to #1 needs correcting. Please re-read these corrects.
- 4th grade Language Arts - bobpursley, Friday, August 28, 2009 at 9:13am
CLarie, your number 8 is correct. I If you then change PSYDAG's 8 to 9, and his 9 to 10, it will match your numbers.
- 4th grade Language Arts - sharmaya, Monday, August 31, 2009 at 7:47pm
how do i compleate my homework about prefix puzzles and they dont have any words on the paper
- 4th grade Language Arts - jordan, Saturday, September 10, 2011 at 11:34pm
what is the complete predicate in the sentence
He sometimes stays at our home
- 4th grade Language Arts - glaneicia, Monday, August 13, 2012 at 4:42pm
can you help me on spelling
Answer this Question
- Grammar - In the following sentence, I am supposed to tell what is the simple ...
- English - Identify the CAPITALIZED portion of the sentences below. 18. MY FRIEND...
- English/ Language Arts - Name the complete subject and the simple subject in the...
- language - I need to find the complete subject and simple subject of this ...
- Language Arts - I have trouble finding the complete subject simple subject ...
- language arts - what is the simple subject and complete subject of this sentence...
- 4th grade - What is the complete subject and simple subject for the sentence " ...
- complete and simple subject - in this sentences (Some people like to take ...
- English - Write the complete subject and underline the simple subject., 1/ The ...
- Grammar - I need help determining what the simple subject and the complete ...