Posted by Megan on Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 10:31am.
Solve the equation on the interval [0,2pi).
- MEGAN !! Pre Calc - Reiny, Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 12:20pm
Megan, look at how your post came out.
what is *2/2 supposed to be?
I have a feeling you mean √2/2
If so, then
since the cosine is positive in quadrants I and IV
2x = 45º or 2x = 315º
then x = 22.5º or x = 157.5º
but we know that the period of cos(2x) is 180º, so by adding 180 to each of our answers we get the other solutions in the given domain, or
x = 202.5º
x = 337.5º
just noticed that you probably wanted the solutions in radians, that would be
pi/8, 7pi/8, 9pi/8, and 15pi/8
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre Calc - Solve the equation on the interval [0,2pi). cos2x=(*2/2)
- Trig--check answer - Solve the equation of the interval (0, 2pi) cosx=sinx I ...
- Pre-Calculus - Find all solutions to the equation in the interval [0, 2pi) cos4x...
- Pre-Calc/Math - Given cos x=2/3 and 3pi/2<x<2pi, find the exact value of ...
- PRE CALC PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! - find the solutions of the equation that are in ...
- Precalculus - Please help!!!!!!!!!!! Find all solutions to the equation in the ...
- pre calc - cos2x=cosx in interval of [0,2pie]
- calculus - Solve for x on the interval (0, 2pi] (sin2x + cos2x)^2 = 1
- Math - Can I please get some help on these questions: 1. How many solutions does...
- Pre-Calc/Math - Use factoring, the quadratic formula, or identities to solve cos...