Posted by coried on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 1:47pm.
Solve the equation.
e^5x = 2
a. 2/5 e
c. 5 in 2
- College Algebra - coried, Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 1:51pm
typo those answers contain L's not I's
- College Algebra - MathMate, Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 2:52pm
Using the relation
ln(ex = x
e5x = 2
Take natural log on both sides,
ln(e5x) = ln(2)
5x = ln(2)
x = ln(2) / 5
Now make your pick for the answer.
- College Algebra - bobpursley, Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 2:55pm
take the ln of both sides
x= 1/5 ln2
so, none of the choices are correct, unless on answer b you meant 1/5 ln2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math Can someone check my answers ? - What is the surface area of a circle that ...
- Math - A circle has an area of 36 in2. What is the area of a sector of the ...
- Math- check my answers pls - Find the area of blue portion of the irregular ...
- College Algebra - Solve the following equation in the complex number system x^4+...
- Algebra - Solve each exponential equation. Give the exact value for x. I work ...
- calculus - solve the following exponential equation. 5^x=4 a. what is the exact ...
- Math - 5)Solve 2x2 +6x = 4 by completing the square. 6)Solve 3x2 - 6x- 24 = 0 ...
- geometry - Freddy has a triangular flag. He wants to cut out a similar flag that...
- (: - help with Quadratic Equations and Functions: 5)Solve 2x2 +6x = 4 by ...
- maths - a spherical ballon is being inflated at the rate of 10 cu in/sec.find ...