Posted by Peyton on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 3:19pm.
Jared wants to save $100 to buy a tennis racket. He saces $8 each week, and his mother gives him a extra $0.25 for each dollar he saves.
Determine the number of week it will take Jared to save $100.
I am pretty sure the answer is 12 weeks and he would have $5 dollars left over. Can you please check for me? Thank you!
- 7th grade math - Peyton, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 3:21pm
Sorry that is suppose to be He saves $8
- 7th grade math - Reiny, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 3:34pm
So he gains $8.25 each week
100/8.25 = 12.12
this tells us that he needs slightly more than 12 weeks to get to $100
check: 12x8.25 = $99
Since there will probably be tax on his purchase, he must save for 13 weeks buy the tennis racket.
- 7th grade math - MathMate, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 4:20pm
Actually, his mother is more generous because she gives him $0.25 for every dollar he saves. So each week he comes up with
$8 + 8*0.25=$10
Can you figure out the rest?
- 7th grade math - Peyton, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 4:35pm
thanks i got the answer
- 7th grade math - Rocky, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 10:44pm
He has 13 weeks with some extra money left over!!!
- 7th grade math - Gabby, Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 2:42am
The answer is 10 weeks. His mother is giving him .25 for every dollar. He saves $1, he gets .25, $2, he gets .50, etc. In one week, he gets $10. 10 times 10 is 100.
- 7th grade math - ghcv, Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 8:37pm
- 7th grade math - Chris, Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 8:31pm
Gabby you're correct that's what i was thinking i thought i was the only one...
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - jared wants to save $100 to buy a tennis racket.he saves $8 each week,and...
- 7th Grade Math - You are saving money to buy a new cell phone. You begin with $...
- Grade 6 - every week henry gets $2.50 more for his allowance than jimmy does. ...
- Algebra - Together, Jared's age and his granther's age total 100. But Jared's ...
- math - every week Brady gets $2.50 more for his allowance than Max does. They ...
- algebra - Together, Jared's age and his grandfather's age total 100. But Jared'...
- Math - The sum of the ages of Jared and Caitlyn is 80 years. 8 years ago, Jared'...
- math - Jane uses a jar to save her money. She saves $10 from her weekly ...
- math - the sum of Jared's age and kayla's age is 21. kayla is 5 years older than...
- math - Eric is twice as old as Jared. the sum of their ages 10 years ago was ...