Posted by Peyton on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 3:19pm.
Jared wants to save $100 to buy a tennis racket. He saces $8 each week, and his mother gives him a extra $0.25 for each dollar he saves.
Determine the number of week it will take Jared to save $100.
I am pretty sure the answer is 12 weeks and he would have $5 dollars left over. Can you please check for me? Thank you!
- 7th grade math - Peyton, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 3:21pm
Sorry that is suppose to be He saves $8
- 7th grade math - Reiny, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 3:34pm
So he gains $8.25 each week
100/8.25 = 12.12
this tells us that he needs slightly more than 12 weeks to get to $100
check: 12x8.25 = $99
Since there will probably be tax on his purchase, he must save for 13 weeks buy the tennis racket.
- 7th grade math - MathMate, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 4:20pm
Actually, his mother is more generous because she gives him $0.25 for every dollar he saves. So each week he comes up with
$8 + 8*0.25=$10
Can you figure out the rest?
- 7th grade math - Peyton, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 4:35pm
thanks i got the answer
- 7th grade math - Rocky, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 10:44pm
He has 13 weeks with some extra money left over!!!
- 7th grade math - Gabby, Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 2:42am
The answer is 10 weeks. His mother is giving him .25 for every dollar. He saves $1, he gets .25, $2, he gets .50, etc. In one week, he gets $10. 10 times 10 is 100.
- 7th grade math - ghcv, Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 8:37pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - jared wants to save $100 to buy a tennis racket.he saves $8 each week,and...
- 7th Grade Math - You are saving money to buy a new cell phone. You begin with $...
- physics - a tennis player swings her 1000g racket with a speed of 6.00 m/s. she ...
- physics - A man is playing tennis and a tennis ball (m=1.2 kg) approaches his ...
- math - every week Brady gets $2.50 more for his allowance than Max does. They ...
- physics - a 0.055kg tennis ball approaches a tennis racket at 25m/s, stays in ...
- Math - After spending 2/7 of his money on the tennis racket seen have $14 left ...
- MATH - Karl bought a tennis racket at a 1/3 off sale. the regular price of the ...
- HELP A.S.A.P. PLEASE: linear programming-maths - A company makes tennis and ...
- Physics - A tennis ball is struck and departs from the racket horizontally with ...