Posted by John on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 5:57am.
1. My math exam is tomorrow.
2. Tomorrow is my math exam.
3. Tomorrow I have a math exam.
4. I take a math exam tomorrow.
(Are all the same and grammatical?)
5. What did you do over the summer vacation?
6. What did you do during the summer vacation?
7. What did you do on the summer vacation?
8. What did you do through the summer vacation?
9. What did you do over the summer vacation?
10. What did you do during summer vacation?
(Which preposition do we have to use? Can we omit 'the'? Are they all grammatical?)
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 7:51am
1 - 4 are all fine and all mean the same thing.
5 and 6 are fine and mean the same thing. 7 and 8 are OK, but not as smooth or clear as 5 and 6. 9 and 10 are the same as 5 and 6. And, yes, the word "the" can be omitted.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- french exam tomorrow, WHAT DO I DO?! - i have a french exam tomorrow and i cant ...
- Science - I have a science exam tomorrow for 9 Space Science. I was wondering if...
- Exam-related stress help - I have an exam tomorrow and everyone's telling me ...
- English - If it snows tomorrow, what will you do? 1. If it snows tomorrow, I ...
- eng gr 9 - hi I have an exam tomorrow in english and our teacher told us the ...
- Algebra 2 - I need help-exam tomorrow! Although it is too late for your exam, in...
- question - Tomorrow is my English exam. do you think I can get high marks?
- Math - I have a Final Exam in Math tomorrow, and as I was going over my notes, I...
- English - 1. You are to finish this project by tomorrow. 2. You must finish this...
- social exam tomorrow - Who are gaochos?