Posted by Yulia on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 12:04am.
How do i put them all in sig fig form???
What is the volume in cubic cm of a sphere with radius 2 cm?
is it =
What is the area in m2 of a triangle with base 2.8 m and height of 10.4 m?
is it =
A sphere has a volume of 106 cm3. What is its radius (in cm)?
is it =
is it 6.297560287884612?
that doesnt look right :/
physics - DrBob222, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 12:46am
You have far too many numbers after the decimal point but the first one is right. The second one is right. And you are correct about the fourth one; i.e., it doesn't look right and isn't.
V = 4/3(pi)r^3 = 106
I get something like 3 but that isn't exact.
physics - DrBob222, Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 12:50am
I re-read the problem and you are asking about sig fig.
For the first one, if 2 cm is the correct number (not 2.0 or 2.00), then you have only one sig fig so 33.51 would be rounded to 30.
For the second one, you are allowed 2; therefore, round to 15
For the third one, you are allowed 3 figures.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - What is the volume in cubic cm of a sphere with radius 2 cm? is it = ...
- physics - Hi! I need a bit of help with 10 Physics problems. I have about 70, ...
- calculus - 3. The radius r of a sphere is increasing at a constant rate of 0.04 ...
- Calculus (Parts A and B done, just help with C) - The radius, r, of a sphere is ...
- geometry - Basic Geometry 1. Find the perimeter of a rectangle 19 cm long by 27....
- Math - 1.Which solid has one base that is a triangle and three lateral surfaces ...
- physics - the earth is approximately sphere of radius 6.37*10^6 meter.what is ...
- Physics - Sphere 1 has surface area A1 and volume V1, and sphere 2 has surface ...
- Physics - I'm having Sig fig troubles. What would 0.98*2040 be using Sig fig ...
- calculus *improper integrals* - A hole of a radius of 1cm is pierced in a sphere...