Posted by Chrissy on Monday, August 24, 2009 at 8:11pm.
Could someone please explain how to figure this out step by step. I'll give you one of my problems and I'll try to figure out the rest.
Directions: For each situation find the value of x and the measure of the indicated segment.
1. UY=4x-3, YV=x; UV
- Geometry Question plz help - bobpursley, Monday, August 24, 2009 at 8:13pm
If UY and YV are segments of a straight line, then
If one knows UV, then one can solve for x.
- Geometry Question plz help - Chrissy, Monday, August 24, 2009 at 8:16pm
Do I add 4x+x which equals 5x so would it be 5x-3=UV??
- Bobpursley plz help - Chrissy, Monday, August 24, 2009 at 8:20pm
could you check the one i did myself
- Geometry Question plz help - bobpursley, Monday, August 24, 2009 at 8:32pm
well, since UV is greater then UY, it means that UV is the longer segment, UY one part of it, and YV the other part.
- RE: TO Bobpursley - Chrissy, Monday, August 24, 2009 at 8:36pm
So would the answer be x^2+YV=7
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - This question I really don't get it. I tried tried tried to figure ...
- Solving Inequalities? - Ive been having problems with this soo... My first ...
- Math - Factor 3y^2z-5yz-9y^2+30y-25 I can't seem to figure this one out... Give ...
- Math - Could someone please explain this problem to me? I will show you what I ...
- math - Could someone help me solve this Absolute Equation? Please? I really can...
- Math - Calculate the slant height for the given fine. Round to the nearest tenth...
- help please!:-) - After you have set your budget-related goals,the next logical ...
- math-10th grade( quadractics) - the centre point of a circle is 5,3. the top ...
- factoring - could anybody help me figure out step by step how to factor this ...
- MATH - calculate missing dimension. a) cylinder has volume 1m3 and height of 0....