5th grade English
posted by Tracy .
1. Many useful tools are made from metal.
2. Steel is an important metal for buildings and tools.
3. An iron bar will rust over time.
4. Oxygen from the air mixes with the metal.
5. That orange deposit on the outside surface is called rust.
1. tools---simple subject
are made--simple predicate
2. steel---simple subject
3. iron bar--simple subject
will rust--simple predicate
4. oxygen---simple subject
Could someone tell me if I answered these correctly?
All look correct, except that "bar" is the simple subject in #3.
What do you think about #5?
Yes, your choices for #5 are correct!!
I need help
beautiful plants grow in the everglades
What is the predicate in this sentence? This alloy contains a mixture of iron and carbon.