Posted by Danny on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 1:14pm.
A regression analysis between sales (in $1000) and advertising (in $100) resulted in the following least squares line: = 75 + 6x. This implies that if advertising is $800, then the predicted amount of sales (in dollars) is:
statistics - MathMate, Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 3:11pm
the function of sales (in $1000) f(x) is given by 75+6x where x is advertising dollars in $100.
f(x) = 75+6x
when advertising dollars = $800, x=8
substituting in the above equation,
f(x) = 75+6*8 = 123
So sales = 123 * $1000 = ??
statistics - Danny, Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 5:00pm
Thank you, MathMate
statistics - MathMate, Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 6:37pm
statistics - brenda, Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 10:20pm
judy has a flower shop and is considering increasing her advertising budget. she has been advertising in the local newspaper for the past five weeks and the following table reveals to her that her sales are directly tied to the amount of money she spends on advertising. use a linier regression analysis for the volume of sales.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - a sales manager used linear regression to find the positive linear ...
- Calculus - The relationship between the amount of money x that Cannon Precision ...
- Statistics - A household appliance manufacturer wants to analyze the ...
- Econ - A firm faces the following sales function: Q=5,000-10P+40A+PA-0.8A^2-0.5P...
- math 115 - The following information shows a relationship between the amount ...
- MAT115 - The following information shows a relationship between the amount spent...
- Stats - Observations are taken on sales of a certain mountain bike in 30 ...
- Statistics - Regression analysis was applied between sales data (in $1,000s) and...
- Multiple regression - 1) Estimate a multiple regression equation to predict the ...
- marketing - Your company’s sales are 50,000 units. The unit variable cost is $12...