Posted by Punkie on Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 6:23pm.
I am doing an assignment about different religions. I have to fill in a chart about different religions. The religions that I am having trouble with are Catholic, Buddhist, Protestant, Methodist, Hindu, Islam, Mormon, Sikh, Judaism, and Taoist. These are the questions...
Pro or Con-prayer in school
-creationism vs. evolution
-studying women's rights the Middle East
-saying the pledge of allegiance
-starting a gay/lesbian support group
and what is the justification for the response.
Any help with this assignment would be wonderful, I have been researching for several hours.
- AED 204 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 7:46pm
There are so many different beliefs about these secular issues even within a specific religion that generalities are nearly impossible. Most people in the U.S., for instance, are against prayers in the schools and are believe in evolution. Even the question of women's rights in the Middle East would be endorsed by most American Muslims and probably by many Middle Eastern Muslims.
Because I'm not familiar with Mormon beliefs, I Googled Mormons and some of those questions -- and found that their beliefs fit in with the majority of American beliefs.
Another problem with your list is that there's an overlap -- Methodists are Protestants.
- AED 204 - Jennie, Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 8:15pm
Hey I am mormon so i might be able to answer some of these for you from a mormon perspection if that is what you are asking:
Pro or Con-prayer in school: not really touched on no strong church beliefs but there are no problems with this found in the church
-creationism vs. evolution: creationism
-saying the pledge of allegiance: again not a church thing
-starting a gay/lesbian support group: Does not support gay/lesbian but does not look down upon those who are
-inter-racial dating: depends on the person but is not looked down upon; there are no problems with this found in the church
- AED 204 - Punkie, Sunday, August 16, 2009 at 8:23pm
Thank you both for your help
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- religion - what are major similarities and differences among the different ...
- Essay help, please. :) - Compare and Contrast Religions Essay How are the three ...
- Appendix f AED 204 - how is this done it it about religions of all kinds and the...
- Religions of the World - How are newer ( any type) religions different from ...
- religions of the world - how are newer religions different from older one? How ...
- Social Studies - What country has the lowest population density in Northern ...
- religion, help - what does it mean religious pluralism and interfaith movement. ...
- World History - in what ways are the ideas of the buddhist eightfold path ...
- religion, help - How are newer religions different from older ones? How are they...
- history - how is the hindu religion different from other religions?