Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 4:46pm.
What is the exact value of cot(5pi/6)?
- Math - Marth, Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 5:14pm
If you draw the angle, then draw a line down to the x axis, you will find that your reference angle is pi/6.
tan(pi/6) should be a memory value; cot is its reciprocal. Remember that your angle is in Quadrant II.
- Math - Anonymous, Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 5:44pm
I'm sorry, I'm still confused :s
- Math - Marth, Saturday, August 15, 2009 at 5:56pm
I cannot post images here - you'll have to draw it yourself.
1. Draw the units circle, then draw the angle 5pi/6.
2. draw a line from that angle to the x axis
3. The angle of the resulting triangle is your reference angle.
Can you get that far?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - What is the exact value of cot(5pi/6)?
- PreCalculus - Hi I need some assistance on this problem find the exact value do ...
- trig - Find the exact value of the trigonometic function at the given real ...
- trig - using the fact that 5pi/8=1/2(5pi/8) and the half angle identity for cos ...
- math - determine the exact value of (cot pi/3) + (csc pi/3) / (cos pi/4). how is...
- pre-calc - Can someone help me find the exact value of 4csc(3pi/4)-cot(-pi/4)? ...
- Math - Solve (sinx-1)(cosx -1/2) = 0 where 0≤x<2pi a) pi/3, pi/2, 5pi/3...
- MATH - What is the exact value of cot(5(pi)/6)?
- Algebra 2 - what is the exact value of cos 5pi/3 radians
- trig - How do you find the exact value of sin 5pi/8?