Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 7:56pm.
Ahh, havn't been on this forever!
I have a question about the book Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. In the book it says, "Don't judge a man until you've walked two moons in his moccasins."
What does this phrase mean? To me it sounds like the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" or "Put yourself in that person's shoes."
- Walk Two Moons - Robert, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 7:59pm
i think it means don't judge a man if he hasn't walked on the moon or moons
- Walk Two Moons - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 8:01pm
Robert is partly right.
This sounds like a Native American saying. It means don't judge a man until you've lived his life for two months (moons).
- Walk Two Moons - mysterychicken, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 8:26pm
alright, thanks guys =]
- Walk Two Moons - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 8:28pm
You're welcome, MC.
- Walk Two Moons - Robert, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 9:34pm
your welcome MC.
- Walk Two Moons - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 11:54pm
This is most DEFINITELY a Native American saying! The phrase means 2 months. Each month has a new moon and if it is 2 moons from now that would be 2 months from now.
My father used to say this often so that we would "consider the source" so to speak. To truly understand someone you must think as that person thinks and you can't know that without knowing the background, experiences that person has had.
- Walk Two Moons - Jim_R, Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 4:18am
I think it means don't be judgmental. Have an open mind towards all people.
- Walk Two Moons - blufire132, Monday, August 31, 2009 at 3:03pm
jim r is correct partly it means dont juged a man before nowing them...
- Walk Two Moons - blufire132, Monday, August 31, 2009 at 3:04pm
i read the book
- Walk Two Moons - Baxie, Monday, June 6, 2016 at 11:26pm
yea blufires right
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Walk Two Moons - Has anyone read the story walk two moons? If so, please help. ...
- Walk two moons need help - does anyone here read the book walk two moons because...
- English - how can I write a journey on the Walk Two Moons book?
- Literature - I have to make a list on the important actions Pheobe Winterbottom ...
- LA - has anyone read the book Walk Two Moons because i need help? Does anyone ...
- Literature - I have to write a short essay on the believablity of Pheobe ...
- college - What are 4 archetypes in the novel Walk Two Moons?
- Walk two moons - What is the meaning of the fourth message in your own words?
- Walk to moons - 10.Read the following passage from walk to moons “Everybody is ...
- principles of physics - If the Earth had two identical moons in one circular ...