Posted by mysterychicken on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 7:56pm.
Ahh, havn't been on this forever!
I have a question about the book Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. In the book it says, "Don't judge a man until you've walked two moons in his moccasins."
What does this phrase mean? To me it sounds like the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" or "Put yourself in that person's shoes."
- Walk Two Moons - Robert, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 7:59pm
i think it means don't judge a man if he hasn't walked on the moon or moons
- Walk Two Moons - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 8:01pm
Robert is partly right.
This sounds like a Native American saying. It means don't judge a man until you've lived his life for two months (moons).
- Walk Two Moons - mysterychicken, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 8:26pm
alright, thanks guys =]
- Walk Two Moons - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 8:28pm
You're welcome, MC.
- Walk Two Moons - Robert, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 9:34pm
your welcome MC.
- Walk Two Moons - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, August 11, 2009 at 11:54pm
This is most DEFINITELY a Native American saying! The phrase means 2 months. Each month has a new moon and if it is 2 moons from now that would be 2 months from now.
My father used to say this often so that we would "consider the source" so to speak. To truly understand someone you must think as that person thinks and you can't know that without knowing the background, experiences that person has had.
- Walk Two Moons - Jim_R, Wednesday, August 12, 2009 at 4:18am
I think it means don't be judgmental. Have an open mind towards all people.
- Walk Two Moons - blufire132, Monday, August 31, 2009 at 3:03pm
jim r is correct partly it means dont juged a man before nowing them...
- Walk Two Moons - blufire132, Monday, August 31, 2009 at 3:04pm
i read the book
Answer this Question
- English - how can I write a journey on the Walk Two Moons book?
- Literature - I have to make a list on the important actions Pheobe Winterbottom ...
- college - What are 4 archetypes in the novel Walk Two Moons?
- Literature - I have to write a short essay on the believablity of Pheobe ...
- principles of physics - If the Earth had two identical moons in one circular ...
- physics - If the Earth had two identical moons in one circular orbit, and the ...
- Walk Two Moons - Sal thinks that Phoebe's mother seems (1 point) stiff and ...
- Math - There are 61 known moons. Mercury and Venus do not have moons, but each ...
- Literature - I have to write an expository essay on Phoebe Winterbottom, from ...
- Earth Space - Do the phases of the moon affect how much of the moon is ...